Rebates and incentives
Find out about rebates, subsidies and promotions available in your area for buying an electric vehicle or a residential charging station.
- Through the Clean Energy Vehicle Program, the Government of British Columbia offers a rebate of up to $5,000 for the purchase of an electric vehicle and $2,500 for the purchase of a rechargeable hybrid vehicle.
- It is possible to receive a rebate of $6,000 by having an old gas-fuelled vehicle scrapped and replacing it with a new electric vehicle thanks to the SCRAP-IT Program.
- Through the Electric Vehicle Incentive Program, the Government of Ontario offers a rebate of up to $14,000 for the purchase of an eligible electric vehicle.
- The Government of Ontario offers a rebate of up to $1,000 for the purchase and installation of a level 2 residential charging station. The rebate covers 50% of the purchase cost, up to $500, and 50% of the installation cost by a certified electrician, up to $500.
- Through the Drive Electric Program, the Québec government offers a rebate of up to $8,000 when you buy or lease a new electric vehicle. The discount is available to individuals, businesses, organizations and municipalities.
- The Québec government offers financial assistance of $350 for the purchase of a level 2 residential charging station and $250 for its installation and electrical supply infrastructure by a licensed electrician, for a total of $600.
- The City of Sherbrooke offers financial assistance of up to $500 for the purchase and installation of a residential charging station.
- The City of Joliette offers financial assistance for the purchase and installation of a residential charging station. The rebate covers 25% of the total costs, up to $250.
- CAA-Québec gives back 100 CAA Dollars on the purchase of a FLO Home charging station (model G5 or X5).