Take advantage of NRCan’s Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Deployment Initiative
Natural Resources Canada announced $80M of federal funding over the next four years to develop fast charging infrastructure for electric vehicles along the national highway system. FLO can help you take advantage of this opportunity.
NRCan Program details
The Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative offers repayable contributions to support the installation of fast charging stations. Applications are open now.
The program covers up to 50% of the total project costs, up to a maximum of $50,000 per charging unit and up to $5 million per project.
For British Columbia
In addition to NRCan’s contribution, the BC Clean Energy Vehicle Public Fast Charging Program will fund 25% of the total project costs up to a maximum of $25,000 per charger.
How FLO can help you take advantage of this program
FLO has worked with numerous partners to deliver fast charging stations across Canada through NRCan’s Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative, such as Canadian Tire, ATCO, Harnois Groupe pétrolier, Cadillac Fairview and NB Power.
Here's why FLO is the most trusted EV charging solution provider in Canada.
- We operate more than 4,500 charging stations across the country.
- We provide turnkey and affordable solutions that can be adapted for a wide range of parking environments and building types.
- We develop and manufacture all our products and software right here in Canada.
- We remotely monitor all charging stations from our national operation centre (based in Canada) to ensure reliability and provide 24/7 bilingual support to EV drivers.
Benefits of offering fast charging stations for your organization
Fast charging stations can help businesses attract new customers as well as generate additional revenue from the charging sessions or from additionnal services, especially if they are located near important transportation hubs or busy corridors.
- Attract customers at businesses and build loyalty
- Contribute to sustainable development goals
- Position your organization as a proponent of clean tech
- Ensure infrastructure is future-proof and ready for the EV revolution
Our key product for NRCan program applicants
DC fast charging station
SmartDC charging stations are dual standard DC fast chargers providing industry-leading service for electric vehicles equipped with either the CHAdeMO or SAE Combo charging port. With their rugged design and robust cable management system, these heavy-duty units are ideal for locations close to transit corridors or busy parking lots.
- Direct current fast charger (DCFC)
- 480V three-phase input power @ 60 Hz
- Offers both CHAdeMO and SAE J1772 Combo charging connectors—suitable for all electric vehicles available in Canada
- Maximum output of 50 kW (four  12.5 kW power modules)—provides up to 250 km of range per hour of charging
- Robust NEMA-3R certified aluminum casing and heavy-duty cables
- Certified to operate at temperatures ranging from -40˚C to 40˚C
- Flexible and secure payment via RFID card or mobile app
- Connected to the FLO Network—Canada’s most comprehensive EV charging ecosystem with remote management via online portal
- Optional cable management system
Meets all NRCan program requirements
Install fast charging stations today
Contact us today to see how FLO can help you take advantage of NRCan's Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Deployment Initiative and install fast charging stations at your property.